To remote control Twinkly and through voice commands, your Twinkly should be connected the Google Assistant app.
Google Assistant is a smartphone app available on the AppStore and Google Play Store.
Connecting the lights to Google Assistant allows you to control Twinkly through voice commands from your smartphone and through Google Smart Home devices.
To begin with, you need to download the Twinkly app and follow these 2 steps:
Download the Google Assistant app and follow the guided procedure to configure it.
- You installed on Twinkly the latest version of firmware available.
- Your Google Smart Home device (if available) is running and connected to the same local Wi-Fi network of your Twinkly.
- The local Wi-Fi network properly access internet resources.
- Your smartphone is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network of your Twinkly and of your Google Smart home device (if available).
Create a Twinkly account
- Open your Twinkly app
- From the main menu, open the “Account” section and register/login
Add Twinkly to your Google Assistant
- Open your Google Assistant app
- Click on the compass-shaped icon on the top right corner
- Click on the icon with three bullet points on the top right corner
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down to the “Services” section and click on “Domestic Control” (iOS Devices/ “Home Control” (Android devices))
- Click on the “+” button on the bottom right corner
- Scroll the list of available apps to find “Twinkly” and select it.
- Log In with the same credentials of your Twinkly account (if you accessed through social login, be sure to access it with the same user).
- In the list of elements available you can see Twinkly and the effects.
- you can choose whether or not assign your Twinkly to a room.
Voice command Twinkly
Ask Google Assistant to syncronize effects typing or voice command: "synchronize devices”.
This is necessary the first time you use it or every time you add new lights, remove lights, or your network settings change.
List of commands available by now
Turn on / off all the lights or just one light. IE:
- Turn the lights on (or off)
- Turn the garland on (or off)
- Turn String 225 on (or off)
Ask google to check if one or all the lights are on or off. IE:
- Is the garland on?
- Are my lights off?
Activate effects. IE:
- Activate Collision
- Activate Rainbow
- Activate Snake
- Activate Twinkle
- Activate Waves
- Activate Movie will play the current custom effect you saved on your Twinkly device
Remember: Twinkly will be managed like any other smart light in your house, be sure to manage at best the partition in rooms and settings.